no autologin - default passwd - french keyboard

Hi!

I made a binary-hybrid.iso from a fresh squeeze install,
live-helper Version : 2.0.6-1

I copied (from loop mount)
filesystem.packages*
filesystem.squashfs*
initrd1.img*
memtest*
vmlinuz1*
to a usb key in order to boot with grub.
It worked all right with previous binary.isos.

My problem now is that autologin doesn't work and I get a login prompt.
username 'user' with password 'live' doesn't work anymore.
I need a user password anyway, in order to login to distant machines
through ssh.

I googled and searched docs and debian-live list and I found
a way to create a user and password:

In config/chroot_local-hooks/ , I put :
<userpasswd.sh>
#!/bin/sh
#
cat > /tmp/userpier.txt << EOF
Pierre M

EOF

adduser --uid 1002 --disabled-password pier < /tmp/userpier.txt

echo "pier:live" |chpasswd -
echo "root:live" |chpasswd -
</userpasswd.sh>

It worked, and I can now login and su to root.

But the problem is that I lost my french keyboard and locales.

LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="locales=fr_FR.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=fr"
doesn't work anymore

I can do 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and 'setxkbmap fr'
but I would like my config to work right away.
utf8 files don't display well with urxvt.

Below the changes I made to original config files :

config/chroot : 5
LB_UNION_FILESYSTEM="aufs"
LB_LINUX_FLAVOURS="686"
LB_LINUX_PACKAGES="linux-image-2.6"

Below the changes I made to original config files :

config/chroot :
LB_UNION_FILESYSTEM="aufs"
LB_LINUX_FLAVOURS="686"
LB_LINUX_PACKAGES="linux-image-2.6"

LB_PACKAGES="less locales screen sudo vim partimage parted gparted console-data ssh ntfsprogs ntfs-3g lvm2 zip unzip bsdmainutils hexedit hwinfo discover pciutils usbutils zsh mc hal iceweasel xpdf sux syslinux exim4 mutt apt-file dosfstools gnupg gpart wireless-tools wpasupplicant network-manager gnu-fdisk gksu john genisoimage wodim  openoffice.org openoffice.org-help-fr openoffice.org-l10n-fr"

LB_PACKAGES_LISTS="xfce"

config/binary :
LB_BINARY_FILESYSTEM="fat32"
LIVE_BINARY_IMAGES="iso"
LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="locales=fr_FR.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=fr"
LB_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_DISTRIBUTION="squeeze"

config/bootstrap :
LB_ARCHITECTURE="i386"
LB_DISTRIBUTION="squeeze"

Could you tell me a way to make things better ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Pierre Meurisse