Too many symbolic links

Hi my live build failed at the last moment. Here is what I did.

I installed debian testing from the archive of 22 November 2010 in order to build live debian systems.

I ran live build as such
lb config -b "usb-hdd" \
        -a "i386" \
        -d "squeeze" \
        --mirror-bootstrap "http://localhost/${REPOSITORY}"; \
        --mirror-chroot "http://localhost/${REPOSITORY}"; \
        --mirror-binary "http://localhost/${REPOSITORY}"; \
        --security "false" \
        --source "false" \
        --volatile "false"\
        --verbose \
        --apt-options "--yes --allow-unauthenticated"

then lb build

Everything goes ok until the very end.

2010-11-23 17:49:06 URL:http://localhost/linuxarchive/pool/main/z/zlib/zlib1g-udeb_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_i386.udeb [46222/46222] -> "zlib1g-udeb_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_i386.udeb" [1]
50184 blocks
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0 B) copied, 3.4362e-05 s, 0.0 kB/s
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
440 bytes (440 B) copied, 0.000790044 s, 557 kB/s
cp: cannot stat `binary/dists/frozen/squeeze': Too many levels of symbolic links cp: cannot stat `binary/dists/unstable/squeeze': Too many levels of symbolic links cp: cannot stat `binary/dists/testing/squeeze': Too many levels of symbolic links cp: cannot stat `binary/dists/stable/squeeze': Too many levels of symbolic links cp: cannot stat `binary/dists/squeeze/squeeze': Too many levels of symbolic links

When I look at binary/dists/squeeze/squeeze there is a link pointing to itself. A circular reference. The result is no binary.img is created although the filesystem.squashfs vmlinuz, initrd.img are there.

Why does this happen? All the versions are the latest from the Debian testing archive.
Thanks for your help.
Rob Key