Re: Please create volatile indices for squeeze

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:29:54PM +0200, Teodor MICU wrote:
> 2010/11/13 Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>:
> > Please wait until this is formally communicated.  The name might as well
> > still change.  (Or the contents of the Release file, for pinning etc.)
> >
> > (I.e. the uncoordinated export from ftp-master wasn't our "wish".)
> Of course we'll wait until Debian 6.0 is released anyway (there are no
> packages yet in volatile or backports).
> However, I don't see why having squeeze-volatile on the master debian/
> repository (and thus on all mirrors) is an issue?! IMO this is a step
> forward and backports will probably follow for wheezy. Probably there
> wasn't enough man power to do it for squeeze, at least this is how I
> see the situation with backports -- which is exactly in the same
> situation as volatile archive was for lenny with the difference that
> the backports archive has less restrictions (also a good thing).

It might be called -updates.  It will be maintained by the Stable Release
Managers in any case.

I.e. the discussions with ftp-masters about the name are sadly not resolved
yet.  (Our fault.  I was unaware that it's exported already, though.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern