Re: Error message when booting from live CD

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:41 AM, os.news@gmx.de <os.news@gmx.de> wrote:
Hello,

I created with Squeeze live-helper a binary.iso and burnt it with wodim (from Squeeze and a second time with wodim from Lenny) onto a CD. When I boot these images from CD, everytime I get the following error messages:

End_request, i/o error, dev sr0, sector ...
Buffer i/o error on device sr0, logical block ...

After a couple of those error messages (while the CD stops), the boot process continues and works well. With Lenny live-helper I didn't get these error messages. Is this a bug of live-helper?

Best wishes
Oliver

I used to get that message all  the time, until I started burning the image in session-at-once mode (wodim -sao). I'd be lying if I claimed that I fully understand why it helped, but I haven't seen that message at all since. Might be worth gving it a shot.

Hope that helps,
 -Juergen