Re: Volunteer for manual translation (pt_Br)

On 10/20/2010 06:21 PM, Bruno Gurgel wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm quite new here, and I'm using debian-installer about 3 or 4 months.

welcome :)

> When I tried to get some orientation about [1]"how to contribute"[2] I
> had a little problem coz' seams the page don't exist.

indeed, was an old reference to different manual internal structure
before we switched to sisu. i've fixed it, it should turn up with the
next autobuild (every :00 and :30 minute of an hour).

> I cloned the git[3] repository and found some pot files and ssi files.
> Should I translate it ? And after I translate where I supose to send it?

wonderful, translation work is most appreciated.

note that the manual is being currently reworked for squeeze, means, all
.ssi files starting with "other_" should therefore *not* yet be
translated (it would be a waste of time since).

every other file is already reviewed and you're more than welcome to
translate them.

best way would be if you could send the first bunch of translated files,
and i'll incorporate them and enable pt-br on the autobuilder so that it
appers on the website.

from then on, you can (as described in the section about howto
contribute/apply patches) directly work on it independently.

Regards,
Daniel