Autobuild: Images

Hi,

in the very early days of debian-live in 2006 we already had daily built
images for a couple of weeks. when we introduced the default desktop
images, it became impossible to continue due to limited server
ressources, both IO wise as storage wise.

in the years since then the server hosting live.debian.net switched
twice, and i tried several times to get dailies back again, but never
succeeded as the machines were still too slow to handle it.

now, i'm happy to tell that the new server where live.debian.net is
running since about 1.5 weeks, is powerful enough to sustain building
daily images for both amd64 and i386 in iso-hybrid, usb-hdd, net and web
flavours.

atm, it's only building squeeze, though, as there's not much point in
building sid images as long squeeze is frozen. once squeeze is released,
we'll switch to build squeeze-backports, wheezy, and sid images.

images are built once per day and rotated so that a set of 7 dailies, 4
weeklies, and a not yet determined number of monthly builds are kept.
it's done with live-autobuild-images from
http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-autobuild.git (use at your own
risk, atm no support whatsoever for it, you have been warned, yadayada..
however, patches welcome :).

Regards,
Daniel