roadmap - Grub on USB

Hi,

I note 'finish grub on usb' as a Short Term Goal at
<http://live.debian.net/project/roadmap/> (Sept 8th)

Can someone explain what this task entails / has it already been
implemented ?
Is it Grub 2 with partitions and persistence in USB Stick accounted for
etc...

--
There are so many variations possible culminating into even complex setups
where Grub chainloads Syslinux installed in to a partition - I see so many

Ram