Re: Fwd: Re: Using a newer kernel with lenny

Thanks for the tips. I discovered the problem that was causing the squashfs-modules-2.6-486 issue. It turns out that I had the wrong kernel flavor in my package list.

I changed
    linux-image-2.6-486=2.6.32+27~bpo50+1
    linux-image-2.6-686=2.6.32+27~bpo50+1

and made a few modifications to the fake aufs and squashfs packages along with adding the kernel flavor to my config.
    -k 686=2.6.32+27~bpo50+

Now the image builds but won't boot. The entry in isolinux.cfg points to /live/vmlinuz and /live/initrd.img but my kernel and initrd are:
    /live/vmlinuz-2.6.32-bpo.5-686
    /live/initrd.img-2.6.32-bpo.5-686

Is there any way to modify the isolinux.cfg file before building? If not I may have to extract the iso, chang the entry, then rebuild, but this is my last resort. Thanks for all of the help.
begin:vcard
fn:Frank Zambrini
n:Zambrini;Frank
email;internet:fzambrini@gmail.com