Re: RFC: live-initramfs 2.x features

Hi,

Daniel Baumann wrote (11 May 2010 16:34:37 GMT) :

> On 05/10/2010 10:11 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>> Are there any plans for the persistency redo?

> nice. if you're not so much in a hurry and can wait until mid july
> when i'm finished with the basic re-implementation of live-initramfs
> (core features only), we definitely should work together on that one
> the persistency things so that we can make it optimal for both of
> our users.

We've worked a bit on our persistence todo item recently.

Could you (Daniel) please have a look to our implementation notes at
the bottom of our wiki page [1]?

We have started to list there the few new features and configuration
flags we need to fit our usecase. We are willing to work together with
you on this topic. This of course includes discussing and writing
specs, code and publishing Git branches.

Comments welcome.

Note: we intend to do one or two more releases based on Lenny for
various reasons, including the fact that we need to audit the Squeeze
versions of some critical applications for anonymity/privacy leaks
before releasing any image based on Squeeze. As a consequence of this
our work on the persistence features is likely to be based on a
live-boot branch that supports booting Lenny images. Is this a
problem for you?

[1] http://amnesia.boum.org/todo/persistence/

Bye,
--