Re: d-i installer for squeeze and above

On 04/03/2010 10:27 AM, Geert Stappers wrote:
Surreal:  d-i installer OR  ubuntu like installer?
Daniel: first bug fixing, then yes.

Stappers: "yes" what?   d-i  *OR* like ubuntu???

we will have both. live-installer (optional component, that can be turned off with preseeding on bootprompt, so we'll have regular d-i and d-i with enabled live-installer in the bootmenu) makes d-i install the squashfs image, and live-installer-launcher will allow to call d-i from the desktop, rather than to force people to reboot into dedicated d-i bootoption.

both, live-installer and live-installer-launcher will be included if the bugs for the respective packages are weeded out in time.

does that help?