Re: PPC port

>From that link:

This table shows how I partitioned my 80GB internal disk. I decided to
have an 8GB partition which I would format as FAT32. This allows me to
easily and reliably share files between OS X and Linux, both of which
have good FAT32 support but, at the time of writing, poor or incomplete
support for each other's native filesystems.
Partition	Type	Size	Purpose
Partition 1	Free Space	16 MB	Debian Bootstrap
Partition 2	Free Space	2 GB	Debian swap space
Partition 3	Free Space	44.5 GB	Debian root filesystem
Partition 4	Free Space	8 GB	Shared FAT32 filesystem
Partition 5	Mac OS Extended (Journalled)	20 GB	Mac OS X filesystem

When you're done, select "Finish partitioning and write changes to
disk". For me, the installer complained that the FAT32 partition "had
errors". I think this means that it couldn't format it, presumably
because it's missing mkfs.vfat. Don't panic, just continue with the
installation -- it's a simple problem to fix later.