Re: iso-hybrid thumb drives and Windows

I can confirm that.
For oscure reasons, when there are several filesystem on a USB stick, Windows will always mount the first one and only that one.

Salutations distinguées,
---
Pierre Bauduin
Linux enthusiast since 1996
Linux registered user #64711
Debian GNU/Linux user
Red Hat Certified Engineer
website: http://pierre.baudu.in/

Le 18 mars 2010 09:54, Philippe Lelédy <debian@leledy.fr> a écrit :
Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 03/10/2010 11:22 PM, juergen.fiedler@gmail.com wrote:
Is there any way to write a hybrid image
to a thumb drive, and prepare the rest of the drive in such a way that
it can be used from Windows?

no idea, have no windows, so can't help you with that.

I haved hundreds of liveUSB which *start* with a FAT partition for MW Windows being able to use it. Experience showed me that if the FAT partition is not the first, Linux and MacOS can use it, but MS Windows can't ( at least XP ).

Ph.L.