Re: Syslinux background image tiling

On 03/05/2010 11:14 AM, Philip Newborough wrote:
This seems to affect the default Debian splash image found at
'live-helper/templates/syslinux/menu/splash.png', which now tiles
vertically and looks, erm, wrong. The Debian splash.png is sized at
640X320px. I am not entirely sure about this, but I think changing it
to 640x480px should fix the issue?

having the splash 640x320 instead of 640x480 is for legacy issues with really old machines (before *menu was being used).

two days ago (and today), i've been looking in the changes done in syslinux that triggered this, and i came to the 'solution' that since we're using vesamenu anyway, i think it's safe to go for 640x480. live-helper (and debian-cd, and syslinux' NEWS.debian) will get some updates to handle that accordingly.