Re: 3 error building a live image

On 03/02/2010 02:59 PM, Peter Grant wrote:
My situation is that i just installed Debian Lenny into an Alpha DS10
Server, so i installes Debian Lenny with KDE (single cd distribution).

note that alpha will most likely be dropped as an architecture for squeeze, however, building lenny images should still work.

lh_config -d lenny --hostname "rescue" --username "pgrant" --packages
"console-common kbd locales"

then i issue the lh_build command and I get a couple of warnings:

1.  cannot determinate root from /etc/fstab #

are cosmetical only, totally harmless and can be ignored, was covered already some time ago, see ml archive.

2.   Setting up linux-image-2.6.26-2-alpha-generic (2.6.26-21lenny3) ...

  Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link
/lib/modules/2.6.26-2-alpha-generic/source
  However, I can not read the target: No such file or directory
  Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/2.6.26-2-alpha-generic/source

as the text says, ignore it.

3.

Removing squashfs-tools ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
P: Begin creating manifest...
P: Begin installing local packages lists...
P: Begin install linux-image...
cp: cannot stat `chroot/boot/-*': No such file or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

looks like a bug (and easy to fix), which version of live-helper are you using?