Re: Use Debian for best results

No third party codecs are used. everything is picked up from Debian Stable repository. Users are suggested to download Adobe Flash plugin and Adobe Air binaries on their own because of their restrictive terms.

As for media codecs is concerned, i would recommend using mplayer(with free and non free codecs) etc instead of default gnome player.

So far, the only pain codec is *.wmv, luckily there isent that much media available in this format ;)

2010/2/15 Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
surreal wrote:
> Hi there.

Hi,

> I use Debian Live tools to create a ready to use home OS targeted
> towards Indian users(currently named IndiaForce Linux). It contains all
> the media codecs, web browser,etc.

i'd be interested in see what 3rd party packages you include. is the
config tree somewhere available online?

> Thank You to all the wonderful people at Debian. Their help and support
> can bring commercial service providers to shame.

thanks, this is always nice to hear.

> PS - I am typing this through my live CD, and it feels awesome.  :)

yay :)

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net