Re: custom fstab for live-cd (also after installation)

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:31:57 +0100
rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mount a tmpfs on /tmp.  You should have a lot of swap space available
> in case some programs try to write very large files there.
> In your /etc/fstab add a line:

my knowledge is shaky on all of this stuff, but as i understand it the jackd README wants you to mount tmpfs on /tmp so that jackd is accessing tmp space in RAM, instead of seeking on the hard disk. debian-live mounts the root filesystem in RAM. so i think tmp is already included. good luck running jackd and realtime audio apps from cdrom, however. usb and netboot should work well.