Re: filesystem corruption

Rob Owens wrote:
I guess I shouldn't count on my data always being there, then.

well, we take a few precausions so that all data is written (sync, several times, etc.), and i've not heard of any data-loss yet, however, generally, nothing should be considered safe anyway.

Would the problem still exist if I used a snapshot file instead of a
persistence partition?

afaik it doesn't matter, aufs blocks the unmount regardless. but i'd need to try it to be sure.