custom debian instaler

hi,

i have a question regarding the placement of custom debian installer for use with live-helper.

i'm hacking debian instaler in order to include our custom packages, especially our custom 2.6.31 kernel. i have build the *.udeb's for the kernel, and am attempting to build the installer.

is  it sufficiente to put my .udeb's in config/binary_local-udebs, or do i need to build d-i? if i need to build d-i, how do i move it into the live system?

upon building d-i it will create "cdrom_isolinux", "netboot",
"hd_media" among other images. do i simply copy these images to
live-helper's config/binary_debian-installer?

im a bit fuzzy on how the underlining principals of d-i, so i appreciate your help.

saludo,
kev