German keyboard layout (AltGr-key)

Hello,

I have a problem with the German keyboard layout. The German keyboard has a key called "AltGr" between the spacebar and the win key. You need this key if you want to enter e.g. "@" or "~" or "}". For example if you press the keys "AltGR" + "q" simlutaneously you get the "@" sign.

Now to the problem: In the file config/chroot I set LH_LANGUAGE="de". Then I built an iso-image (lh_config -b iso). Then I booted the image from CD and entered "startx" at the shell. If I start e.g. abiword or geany I can enter all specific German letters (e.g. äöü). But the "AltGr"-key doesn't work so that you can't enter the "@" sign. But when I boot from CD, enter "sudo dexconf" and then "startx" everything is fine and the "AltGr" key works.

To solve the problem I tried the following command before building the image: lh_config -b iso --bootappend-live "locale=de_DE.UTF-8 keyb=de"
But the "AltGr" key didn't work.

I think there are two solutions:
a) The best solution would be to set the right keyboard (including the "AltGr" key) while building the iso-image.
b) The second best solution would be to run a skript as root (with the "dexconf" command) immediatly after all other scripts when the live system boots. I tried this approach as described in the live-helper FAQ, but it didn't work (perhaps I misunderstand the FAQ or forgot something important). I need a more detailed instruction how to run the skript.

For your further information: I use Debian stable and live-helper 1.0.3-2

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes
Oliver

--