Re: Status of Linux 2.6.31

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 21:55 +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > I'll be requesting removal of
> > linux-modules-extra-2.6 rather than updating it.
>
> where was this discussed?

Bug report #517130 and the Debian kernel team meeting in Portland.

> how will be binary modules provided in the future?

In general they should be built using DKMS or module-assistant.

> why was debian-live not informed about it, it's critical part of
> the distribution for building live images.

I've added aufs2 to the kernel image packages precisely because Debian
Live needs it.  Is there anything else you need?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.