Re: [patch] fix for missing hostname reconfiguration

Luigi Capriotti wrote:
> I have identified an incorrect handling of 'hostname' in the chroot that
>  is being overwritten with a dummy one and never restored

this is intentionally done; otherwise we would be tainting the target
system with properties of the build system.

>, and created a
> patch fixing the issue. I'm attaching the diff to this message.

actually, your patch does three things: 1. wrongly de-untainting the
chroot (see above), 2. respecting /etc/hostname if it is in
local-includes (which is a good thing, thanks! ;), 3. fixing a (wrongly)
alleged spelling typo.

i've only added parts of the 2. thing:
http://git.debian.net/?p=debian-live/live-helper.git;a=commitdiff;h=b0021fb43023d9066135646462b41f84fcf542cc;hp=38e5157122d031011d27f9ad50e9e8b4caed1ab5

Thanks,