Re: Fwd: xdebconfigurator

On 2009-09-25 stephen_b_allen@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> I tried but as now stated this is possibly irrelevent?
> Trying xdebconfigurator it returns a "No known X  server system
> detected!"
>
> Would it be best to remove these from my builld (including the --
> bootappend xdebconf)?
I guess it depends what your target distribution is (stable/squeeze/sid).
According to http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=531132 it's not relevant for squeeze
(and sid), because of X version 1.6, and it's usefulness for lenny is questioned.

Where do you have a resolution problem?
When I try/test the image with VirtualBox, I only get an 800x600 display and I haven't found a way
to increase that. But when I burn it and start my pc with it, it does take the whole screen
(1600x1050).
AFAIK the normal way for X (starting from version 1.6) to specify the display size is to add
ModeLines to your xorg.conf file, but my display has always been detected correctly.