lenny live usb boot failed

Hello,

I created a boot image for usb key with live-helper (lenny).
I copy this image on an usb key with the command :
dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sdx
x is a character which is replaced by a, b, c, ...

I boot my computer on usb. After a short time, I can read the following message :

"Boot failed!
  This debian image failed to boot.

Please file a bug against the 'live-initramfs' package or email the
Debian Live mailing list at <debian-live@lists.debian.org>, making sure
to note the exact version, name and distribution of the image you were
attempting to boot.

The file /live.log contains some debugging information  but booting
with the debug command-line parameter will greatly increase its
verbosity which is extremely useful when diagnosing issues.

live-initramfs  will now start a shell. The error message was:

Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/live/image/live/filesystem.squashfs) on
//filesystem.squashfs"

The file /liv.log doesn't contain any information about the  failed boot.

I also tried with other options, it the same problem.

I finally tried with the downloaded image :
debian-live-502-i386-gnome-desktop.img

I have the same problem.

I have searched on internet, but I have not found any solution.

who can help me ???

thank you,