Re: Status of gfxboot

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:58:21PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> gfxboot-theme-ubuntu needs a small patch (attached) to adjust to the
> renaming of the userland executables.

Thanks, I've applied a similar patch in gfxboot-theme-ubuntu 0.8.4.

> I'll look into creating a gfxboot-theme-debian using a newer version of
> the bootsplash graphic redesigned[3] by pixelgirl. When there's
> something to show off, I'll post again an update so others can express
> their opinions.

As I mentioned on IRC, if gfxboot-theme-debian is based on
gfxboot-theme-ubuntu (and, given the amount of effort required to write
a theme from scratch, I'd be surprised if it weren't), please make sure
that you share gfxboot-theme-ubuntu's revision control history. I can
provide you with a git mirror of the bzr branch; just let me know where
I should put it.