login shell and gnome

Hi all.

Sorry, if my question is not relevant.

For a long time I am using debian-live project for setting up diskless
environment to boot from network. I see there when gnome started with
gdm all terminal, first of all gnome-terminal, but as well as others
like xterm or urvt -- all of them look like they are login shells. This
is true without sitting up special options for this in every terminal.
I'd like it, this is OK. But this is not the case for non-live
stationary systems, booted from hard disk. On such ordinary workstations
every terminal should be specially configured to be login shell.

My question is: is this feature specially designed for debian-live
project or it is some sort of "side effect"? And I am grateful for a
hint of how to configure gdm to make every terminal to be login shell by
default?

Thank You in advance for Your answers.

****   Vladimir Stavrinov  ******