Re: cdrom vs usb-hdd

Hi Tzafrir,

> One thing I'm considering is using a USB image instead (or in addition
> to) the CD image. I'd appreciate your opinion on this.

Instead, I wonder, why can't a USB image is burnable to a CD-ROM?   I
figured moblin has achieved that and has a very good install
instructions.
   http://moblin.org/documentation/test-drive-moblin/using-moblin-live-image

Only one disk image is available, and is able to burn as CD-ROM or
byte-copy to USB-stick.  Can it be done in debian-live?

Honestly, I don't know what exact the issue you are facing.  If you
are talking about security on default password, my recommendation is
to tell your customer that the live USB/CD is not intended for
production use but just to test drive.  For production use, it is
required installation to hard disk/CF (during installation process,
password and other security measures are set).
So image at live USB/CD boot prompt, there are some options:
1. Boot Live USB/CD (default)
2. Installation to HD.
3. Setup a PXE server for net installation
4. run memtest

Regards,
Punky

P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle
(http://www.punknix.com)

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
 - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
 - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation