Re: Adding Windows files to the ISO

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:52:11AM -0400, Adam Mooz wrote:
> I'm really tired at the moment so please excuse the awkward phrasing of the
> question.
>
> I've managed to fix my previous issues and my live disk is nearly complete.
> What I need now is to add some windows executable onto the disk which will
> be available when the disk is put into a running windows machine.  I know
> what I need to do; just tell a component of the build process to add folder
> "blah" to the ISO, just not how.

Available on the CD? Place them under:

  config/binary_local-includes/

Run automatically? autorun.inf

$ cat config/binary_local-includes/autorun.inf
[autorun]
open=autorun.bat
icon=images/xorcom.ico

> Example scenario:
>
>    1. Put my live disk into a machine.
>    2. It detects the auto run file
>    3. it pops up with some splash screen and menu options.

(The .bat file is used to pup up our README.html. The extra window looks
a bit ugly, though. But you can put here your own program)

I figure you're aware of http://goodbye-microsoft.com/more.html

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com