Re: automatically starting applications on my live cd

Hi Don,

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Don Raikes<DON.RAIKES@oracle.com> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> No the particular version of orca that is available on the debian lenny repository does not have the automatic start switch available in it.
>
> If there is some special accessibility start parameter I should be using, I don't know about it :-)

At the boot you can pass an accessibility (a11y) option. You got 4
levels of a11y:
 * access=v1 (Lesser Visual Impairment)
 * access=v2 (Moderate Visual Impairment)
 * access=v3 (Blindness)
 * access=m1 (Minor Motor Difficulties)
 * access=m2 (Motor Difficulties - pointing devices)

And also you can tell to the live system to setup the braille keyboard:
 * braille=ask

You can see better in the code:
http://git.debian.net/?p=debian-live/live-initramfs.git;a=blob;f=scripts/live-bottom/30accessibility;hb=HEAD

As you can see there there are three options (v2, v3 and braille=ask)
which setup orca and create some orca configurations. Which could
overwride yours...

Probably the ally support you are trying to get is already there. If
something is missed, the better way to do it is IMHO adding there
(scripts/live-bottom/30accessibility on live-initramfs).

I hope this can help.

Cheers

--
Juanje