LH_PACKAGES and LH_HOOKS

I have a few debian packages inside of "/config/chroot_local-packages/".
Let's say they are mickeymouse.deb and donaldduck.deb.

And let's say inside of "/config/chroot_local-hooks" I have
01-update_password.sh.

The wiki says this:
        "To add a specific debian package, just move the .deb into
        config/chroot_local-packages/ directory. Packages included in
        this directory will be copied in the chroot and installed
        automatically."

Is that the current truth?

The manual gives me a different impression:

        5.1.3.1. The LH_PACKAGES variable

        To install additional packages, simply add them to the
        LH_PACKAGES variable in config/chroot. For example:

        LH_PACKAGES="package1 package2 package3 ...

So, inside of the /config/chroot file am I suppose to specify the .deb packages?

Example:

        # $LH_PACKAGES: set packages to install
        # (Default: empty)
        LH_PACKAGES="mickeymouse.deb donaldduck.deb"

Furthermore, I want to change the root password, so I want to know if I
have to specify the file(s) I want executed.

Am I suppose to specify the scripts I wanted executed?

Example:

        # $LH_HOOKS: set hook commands
        # (Default: empty)
        LH_HOOKS="01-update_password.sh"