Re: Custom live-bottom script not executed

I'm trying to execute a script after my live system boots. I looked at
[1] and created the attached script. The script is executable. However,
it doesn't seem to be executed (I don't see any message from it).

...that's why i hate the wiki, it's just incomplete or outdated information.

Any suggestions?

sure.

you also need to trigger the rebuild of the initrd, otherwise, since the
local includes are included later than the initrd.img is generated,
doesn't get included.

simplest way to do it is by symlinking
/usr/share/live-helper/examples/hooks/update-initramfs.sh to
config/chroot_local-hooks/update-initramfs.sh

So I installed the latest live-helper package from Debian unstable in order to get the update-initramfs.sh (I was using the Ubuntu Intrepid package before). I still have a problem :(

In order to have my script executed at the end of the boot process, I named it 99upgrade. My script is /scripts/live-bottom (I checked the initrd image) but is not executed. I renamed it to 20upgrade and... it works. So it seems that the last script executed during the live-bottom phase is 43disable_updateinitramfs (I also tried with 50upgrade which was not executed). The next step is then /scripts/init-bottom right before init.

Why is anything higher than 43disable_updateinitramfs not executed?

Regards,

Cyril