things i do not understand

Hello there,

I have a little question about debian live, perhaps you can help me as the docs on the web are not clear to me:

- debian live boot from read only media, like cds for exemple

Then, how it handle the write to files like in the /var directory ? I tried to make one live system to work with FAI but it complain that /var is read only so i am a little lost to debug this. What mecanism is used to make such configuration works and what could be missing so it does not ?

regards,
Jean.