Re: some more patches for the live-bottom scripts

Ronny Standtke wrote:
> I just thought that
> you may not be the only one who can review and merge patches for Debian Live.
> Are you?

i'm not. apparently nobody just hit on them within 48 hours.

> Sorry, I didn't want to give the impression of being impatient, I was rather a
> little unsure if I am doing the right thing. And because I promised not to
> harass you in your vacation, I just asked on the list.

stop worring, that's annoying. as soon as you do something wrong, we'll
tell you. it's not that you could break something, you were just sending
patches. nothing and nobody can be harmed by that. worst what happens is
that your mail is ignored.

> Sorry again if this question sounds a little moronic: Are you now changing the
> script with grep -qs or do you want me to send a corrected patch?

have you looked at git? i've commited it when i was sending the previous
mail.

> Is there a bootsplash solution (software +
> config) available that works "almost everywhere"?

no. it's always hardware dependent, some work on some hardware best,
some others on others. best one so far is imho plymouth, but not yet
uploaded to debian.

Regards,
Daniel