Where is the code for d-i?

I tried to find the source code of d-i live installer but in vain..!! A gz file of d-i contains print_inode.c or something like that..!! What is this?? Where are other programs?

Where is the code of d-i?? As per my knowledge, the d-i is the collection of several programs zipped in an img file. Do I need to download the code for those files separately?? From where?  At least document this somewhere so that others may not go on a wild goose chase..!!

--
Harshad Joshi