Adding repositories to the sources.list on live cd and installed system?

Hi I am trying to add a modified sources.list to the live CD
and the installed system using the 'live' debian installer.
I have tried adding the modified list into the chroot_local-includes
folder as etc/apt/sources.list and this is accepted but then
the next part of the process fails as it cannot find a suitable
package for grub - presumably because I have changed
the sources.list - however the new list already contains
the same two repositories that live-helper is using. Any
suggestions would be most welcome!

drbongo