Re: TIP: Prevent kaboom from running with a KDE 4 LiveCD

On 2009-11-15 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > With what version should it work automatically and/or how to 'trigger'
> > this?
>
> as i said, it should work automatically with the current version from
> git. automatical means, that it happens without the user needing to do
> anything.
Is it relevant that I don't have live-initramfs installed on my host system?
That was the reason that I added live.debian.net to my chroot, otherwise it would've taken it from
testing or sid (I think).

> > I've added live.debian.net repo to my chroot environment, but that didn't
> > do it. I am running a fully up-to-date sid system.
>
> so it's a bug.
Is it worth filing a bug report over this?
As far as I know this is a Kaboom specific thing, which is meant as a 1-time-runner app only for ppl
migrating to KDE4. So the only situation where you'd see this behavior is on a KDE4 LiveCD without
persistence.  And that is the only situation in which it's (a bit) annoying.

And there's a workaround for it ;-)

Regards,
  Diederik