Re: caching of .deb files?

you can use apt-cache, approx or any other proxy that caches the debs.

you can copy the debs that you already have to the cache.

and the you tell live helper to use the url of the cache to download packages, instead of the default, ala:

lh_config  -m  http://localhost:9999/debian --mirror-chroot-security
http://localhost:9999/security