New to List!

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the list as I am interested in trying out the Live Helper suite of packages to build Vinux a Linux distro for the visually impaired that has been going for about a year now. I have been using remastersys to build it up to now, but we are investigating other options at there are some limitations we which to over come. Live helper seems to be the most flexible and powerful option and as it is included in the Debian official packages it is easier to obtain than remstersys which is a third party application. I am also interested in bootcd, which also might offer a simpler option. As far as I can see there are three different build tools, and three different installers, and I may include all three installers in the final version. I would just like to know how active this project is and whether there are plans to maintain it into Squeeze etc. No doubt I will have lots of questions. Look forward to hearing from you.

drbongo