debootstrap doesn't use configured categories/components

I've recently started using the live-helper tools to generate a live image from a custom apt repository. The apt repository has custom named dists and components. I am running into a problem where the debootstrap stage doesn't seem to honor the --categories parameter set via lh_config. It appears to consistently look for component "main", as per the default debian structure. After taking a look at lh_bootstrap_debootstrap, it doesn't appear that the categories parameter is being used at all. If I hack in a line in lh_bootstrap_debootstrap to set the custom component name, the lh_build process seems to work as expected. Is this a bug or am I doing something the wrong way? Any input would be appreciated. I am using live-helper 1.0.5-1. Thanks.

Dusty