Re: ext4 harddrive partitions and persistency

> given the state ext4 currently is in, i see absolutely no value of using
> it for live systems at all,

I do not want to use ext4 for live systems at all. I just happened to run
Debian Live (with persistency on a USB flash drive partition) on a system that
had an ext4 partition on the harddrive.
All I want is that Debian Live does not crash in this situation but continues
booting, ignores the ext4 partition on the harddrive and uses the persistency
partition on the USB flash drive.

Cheers

Ronny