Re: Live CD display issues

Ronny & mail-list,

Thanks for the link.  I can't use the 2 GB iso as one computer has only
a CD drive, and the DVD drive in the other is suspect.  I used the boot
iso and it boots.  This is fine to do an installation, but not I need a
livecd that has a graphical GUI.

So, I have a question to all.  How is it possible to show the graphical
Debian logo, provide a livecd menu, and NOT have the VESA (safe mode)
driver work?????  This mail-group may not be the correct place to
discuss this issue, so by all means provide a name and e-mail address
and I will gladly ask the question to that person.  My frustration comes
out of the claim that Debian is the one that has the most support and is
most likely to work, but can't boot in a safe mode -- what's wrong with
this picture??

It is my hope to get the livecd to "just work" and to be able to install
Debian on a number of computers, but the video driver issue has to be
resolved.  To that end, I searched for cheat codes, or boot parameters,
but didn't find any.  Perhaps this needs to be done and well integrated
into the livecd.

Enough of my ranting!  I do want to thank all those that have responded
and I hope that soon the Debian livecd will be working.

Dave,