Failure for virtualbox-ose-source with ubuntu karmic: incompatibility btw lh_helper && dkms ?

After

lh_config --mode ubuntu -d karmic --packages virtualbox-ose-source

lh_build fails at DKMS stage while installing virtualbox-ose-source. The reason is dkms search linux headers in /lib/modules/2.6.31-11-generic instead of /lib/modules/2.6.31-12-generic where they actually are.

I'm afraid it is a serious incompatibility issue between lh_helper and DKMS b/c the 2.6.31-11-generic is the version of the building host and 2.6.31-12-generic is the version of the built target. I have a by-pass: after upgrading the building host to exactly the same kernel as the built target all works fine. It is against the very philosophy of lh_helper -- insulating host and target.

lh_helper from git.

Ph.L.