Re: jigdo for debian-live images ? (was: Debian mirrors: ftp.coe.psu.ac.th)

Simon wrote:
>Hi debian-live,
>
>In short: what is the similar (and easy) wat to build images as jigdo
>does ?
>
>On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:08:23PM +0700, Chatchai Jantaraprim wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 07:13:56PM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
>> > well use jigdo to build the images locally instead of wasting
>> > bandwidth, see http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/#jigdomirror
>>
>> 	Yes, I try to figure out how to use jigdo to create iso files locally.
>> 	From the first few attemts it seemed not too difficult to do so.
>> 	Just mirror only .jigdo and .template, checksum those files using md5
>> 	and create those isos if necessary.
>>
>> 	But I'm not sure how can I create those live-cd/live-usb image.
>> 	Is there any templates that I can use with debian-live and
>> 	create the images for our local mirror.
>
>Very good question, followed-up to debian-live.

As Daniel says, there is no current way of using jigdo for debian-live
images due to the way they're created. It *might* be feasible to
extend the jigdo format further in the future to allow for extracting
named files from .debs to match the contents of the squashfs, but it's
not a small project...

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis