On 2009-09-28 email@example.com wrote:
> Diederik de Haas wrote:
> >Where do you have a resolution problem?
> Thanks for your interest.
> I have ...
It's probably best to tackle each issue/machine one by one instead of throwing it into one big pile.
So let's start with some basic things:
- What version of debian are you running? What kernel?
- What command(s) did you pass to lh_config and other customizations you applied?
- Which version of X are you using ("X -version")? What drivers are installed? ("aptitude search
~ixserver-xorg-video" and/or others)
- What does "lspci | grep -i vga" say?
- What's the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Does the graphics system work outside a live-cd?
- If it works with knoppix, what driver is it using? Is the driver available for Debian?
For your Geforce4 MX 440 you could use nvidia-*-legacy-96xx.
Although you're probably better off asking this question on another mailing list, for example
http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/, since it's likely they have more valuable answers for you then I
(or someone else on this list) can provide you.
- From: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>