Re: Issues creating live images for testing and sid

On 2009-09-17 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > use cdebootstrap until debootstrap is able to bootstrap sid again.
>
> just seen that cdebootstrap doesn't help either this time, so you'll
> just have to wait..
Yeah, I found that out as well :-(
I can send the bootstrap.log file (run lh_build --verbose) if you want to.
And if cdebootstrap isn't installed it won't say so, all I saw then was that it failed exactly like
debootstrap did. After installing I got another msg, but you've likely seen that already.

On 2009-09-17 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > But what if I want the sources.list in the image to point to testing
> > (instead of squeeze)? Can I do  that?
> this is a bad idea, why do you want to not use codenames in the first
>  place?
Why is it a bad idea?
I want to run testing and using testing in my sources.list keeps me in testing, while using codename
I would at some point 'convert' to stable and I don't want that. Plus, the flood of updated packages
after a new stable release gets out is fun ;-)

Regards,
  Diederik