Dealing with Grub2 in Sid

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue building sid images with grub as the
bootloader. Apparently, this stems from sid transitioning to grub2,
which does not seem to work well with live-helper yet.
I am building with live-helper 1.0.5 on an up-to-date sid system
(inasmuch as such a system can ever be up-to-date)

Issuing a 'lh_config --distribution="sid" --bootloader="grub" &&
lh_build' results in a build that aborts when trying to set up the
boot loader:
-------
P: Begin installing grub...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
  grub-common grub-pc libfreetype6 ucf
Suggested packages:
  multiboot-doc os-prober desktop-base genisoimage
  grub grub-common grub-pc libfreetype6 ucf
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2497kB of archives.
After this operation, 6881kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main ucf 3.0021 [67.1kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main libfreetype6 2.3.9-5 [394kB]
Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main grub-common 1.97~beta2-2 [1226kB]
Get:4 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main grub-pc 1.97~beta2-2 [693kB]
Get:5 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main grub 0.97-58 [117kB]
Preconfiguring packages ...
Fetched 2497kB in 3s (707kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package ucf.
(Reading database ... 16660 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ucf (from .../archives/ucf_3.0021_all.deb) ...
Moving old data out of the way
Selecting previously deselected package libfreetype6.
Unpacking libfreetype6 (from .../libfreetype6_2.3.9-5_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package grub-common.
Unpacking grub-common (from .../grub-common_1.97~beta2-2_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package grub-pc.
Unpacking grub-pc (from .../grub-pc_1.97~beta2-2_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package grub.
Unpacking grub (from .../archives/grub_0.97-58_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up ucf (3.0021) ...
Setting up libfreetype6 (2.3.9-5) ...
Setting up grub-common (1.97~beta2-2) ...
Setting up grub-pc (1.97~beta2-2) ...
Creating config file /etc/default/grub with new version
Setting up grub (0.97-58) ...
cp: cannot stat `chroot/usr/lib/grub/*/stage2_eltorito': No such file
or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
-------

It looks like the stage2_eltorito that it complains about only exists
in grub_legacy, but it also looks like there is no way for me to use
grub_legacy without changing lh_binary_grub.

Changing 'Check_package chroot/usr/sbin/grub grub' to 'Check_package
chroot/usr/sbin/grub grub-legacy' in line 53 seems to do the trick,
but I wonder: Will this transition phase last long enough to make it
worthwhile to implement some kind of proper fix (e.g. installing
grub-legacy instead of grub iff the distribution is sid), or is that
another case where one would be better off just waiting a few days
until sid settles down and things fix themselves?

Thanks,
 ~Juergen