automatically starting speakup on live system

Hi all,

I am interested in creating a console-based live debian cd that includes the speakup screenreader.

I know i need to include the speakup-modules-2.6.26-2.686 package on my cd, but how do I tell the livecd to load the speakup kernel modules on boot.

Typically in an hd-based installation, the grub/menu.lst entries would include speakup.synth=soft (or something similar.  How do I pass that to the lh_build process?