Re: Root password problem

Adam Mooz wrote:
> How can I set the root password to be blank

cat > config/chroot_local-hooks/empty-root-password.sh << EOF
#!/bin/sh

passwd -d
EOF

> or better yet a pre-defined password?

cat > config/chroot_local-hooks/predefined-root-password.sh << EOF
#!/bin/sh

echo "root:predefined_password" | chpasswd
EOF

> The disk I'm building needs to be relatively secure so a root
> password would be ideal.

i personally consider it to be more secure to have no password set for
root, ymmv.

> Allowing sudo su access might not be the best
> idea for the implementation so in the final disk I'd like to avoid using
> sudo.

lh_config --bootappend-live nosudo