Re: My method for mounting an encrypted home with debian-live

Jeff Lessem wrote:
> I decided the easiest way to do this would be with a disk image
> mounted as a loopback device, and then let cryptsetup handle it
> normally.

the technically better way is to have a persistent partition and have
that one encrypted through luks.

live-initramfs in git does support that, however, there's a problem with
the I/O redirection. when cryptsetup is asking for the password during
initramfs stage, the user input is not passed to cryptsetup.

the current state in git is using the same redirection that works for
loopaes, but unfortunately doesn't with cryptsetup. help to fix this is
welcome.