Modify desktop

Hi, how are you?

I have built my system successfully live in a USB memory, modify the
syslinux splash, the hostname and username.

I want to change some things on the desktop, the wallpaper, icons, the
theme. My desktop is XFCE.

The documentation suggests that I run the live-cd and make a copy of
the directory /home/user to copy and /chroot_local-include/etc/skel/ ,
actually I do and I create the image from scratch, but when I run live
changes are not made. In addition the files are in the following
location /home/user/home/user/ y are not in /home/user/

What do I do wrong?

How do I change the desktop?

Thanks for your answers,

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

--
Antonio José Calderón | neocalderon
Calderón Cardona Ltda. | Seguridad IT.

Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux

*Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.