Re: problem with Debian Live when /etc/resolv.conf is a symbolic link

Hi, I've encountered the same problem, one solution is to create the
link (resolv.conf to etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf) in the initramfs
stage.

First of all, a script that completes the init-bottom script collection:
mkdir -p config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live-bottom/
cat >config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live-bottom/99resolvconflink <<EOF
#!/bin/sh

#set -e

# initramfs-tools header

PREREQ=""

prereqs()
{
        echo "\${PREREQ}"
}
rm -rf  /root/etc/resolv.conf
ln -s /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf /root/etc/resolv.conf
EOF
chmod +x config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live-bottom/99resolvconflink

the second script activates the first one by running update-initramfs,

cat >config/chroot_local-hooks/activate <<EOF
#!/bin/bash
update-initramfs -tu -kall
EOF
chmod a+x config/chroot_local-hooks/activate

Cheers,
JF Delesse